Volunteer @ ANMC
Since its inception in 1967, the volunteer-based Auxiliary Patient Services program has benefited inpatients, families, and all served by ANMC's mission — working together with the Native community to achieve wellness by providing the highest quality health services for all Alaska Natives.
For a volunteer application and to schedule an interview to volunteer, please contact the ANMC Volunteer Coordinator at (907) 729-1120 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Activities Coordinator – plans & hosts patient activities like BINGO, Movie Night, Game Night, etc.
- Arts & Crafts Cart – visits inpatient adult units offering crafts, books, magazines, games, and inspirational materials.
- Art from the Heart – visits inpatient pediatric patients and assists patients with art projects.
- BFF’s – Babies First Friends read to and hold babies and read and /or play games with children admitted to the Inpatient Pediatric unit or Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Clergy / Pastoral Ministry Team – visits inpatient and provide spiritual support.
- Comfort Care Companion – assists nursing staff with inpatient care, refreshing fluids, addressing comfort cares, escorting patients to physical therapy or radiology appointments, assisting with feeding, reading to or visiting patients or providing friendly companionship for those who are alone.
- Story Time Literacy Advocates – visit patients both adult and pediatric to read books.
- Radiology Associate – assists Radiology staff with patient care and escorts patients to and from the department within the hospital.
- Craft Shop / Auxiliary – provides customer service, sales transactions, inventory management and light housekeeping in the shop.
- TLC – visits inpatient pediatrics and gives books, toys and balloons to the patients.
- Copy Center Technician – assists the copy center staff with copy needs, printed and promotional materials for the hospital.
4315 Diplomacy Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508
Magnet Status is the gold standard for patient care.